Why Work for Legendary
We at Legendary Baking are guided by our Vision, Values and Culture and believe that living by them on a daily basis is what makes us successful.
To take care of all our customers by creating and delivering premier pies and desserts with uncompromising service levels.
- Relentless Improvement
- Accountability for results
- Passion to serve
- Integrity in all actions
- Respect for each individual
- Embrace change
- We do our job enthusiastically and purposefully
- We are spirited competitors and compete fiercely with ourselves
- People want to work for us because of our values
- People stay with us because of our values
- We take pride in everything we do
- Our integrity, discipline and passion for our work is contagious
- We earn customer's loyalty by consistently exceeding their expectations
Meet Song. Song was hired at our bakery in Chaska MN to case pies in the fast paced packaging area. Showing his attention to detail and a willingness to acquire new skills, he was moved to the fresh pie loading area. This is a difficult area that requires accuracy and an eye for perfect product. Song was fast and very accurate loading fresh pies for restaurants nightly. He was then promoted to lead the packaging area. Song continually came up with ideas to improve efficiency in the packaging area showing very strong mechanical skills. Song was great at keeping his team efficiency high. From there, he decided to join our maintenance team and use his mechanical talents in all areas of the bakery. Song is one of many people at Legendary Baking who have advanced their careers by performing well and moving up in the company, and he reflects Legendary Baking's core values and our commitment to developing talent from within. We believe it takes legendary people to make legendary products and we are committed to helping our people have legendary careers. YOU may never have baked a dessert but we are happy to train you if you're excited to learn. We certify our bakery staff in Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP). At Legendary Baking we are committed to providing all the necessary training to succeed with us.
At Legendary Baking, we believe that the best work comes from employees in the best work environment. Because of that, we offer industry leading benefits including:
- Medical - We provide competitive health care programs that are ACA compliant. Choose from four medical plans which feature benefits including – but not limited to: preventative care, physician services, hospital, emergency room and prescription drug coverage.
- Essential Medical Plan
- Preferred PPO
- Value PPO
- Premium PPO
- Dental - Choice of two dental plans that cover basic and major dental care expenses:
- Basic Dental
- Select Dental
- Vision - Optional EyeMed Plan provides basic eye exam and hardware benefits
- Life Insurance (Provided at no cost to team member) - Basic life insurance equal to 1x base salary + average of prior two years bonus (“covered compensation”), up to $250,000.
- Supplemental Life Insurance - You can purchase up to 4x covered compensation, with a maximum of $500,000. If supplemental employee life insurance is elected, additional coverage for spouse and/or children is also available.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) (Provided at no cost to team member) - Basic AD&D insurance equal to 1x covered compensation.
- Short-Term Disability (STD) (Provided at no cost to team member) - In the event of a medically approved illness or injury, STD provides salary continuation. Benefit is 60% of base salary ($1,400 weekly maximum benefit) for up to 26 weeks.
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) (Provided at no cost to team member) - 50% base salary LTD benefit continues salary if you are medically unable to work following 26 weeks of Short-Term Disability benefits. $10,000 is the maximum monthly benefit for as long as you remain disabled per the terms of the Plan. There is an additional, optional, 10% base salary supplemental LTD benefit.
- Buy-Up LTD - Optional 10% base salary supplemental LTD benefit.
- Retirement Savings Plan - You are immediately eligible to participate in the company’s 401(k) plan upon reaching 21 years of age. The company provides discretionary matching contributions subject to Board approval quarterly. Currently, the 401(k) plan matches 50% of contributions up to 3% of compensation quarterly. Additional information and enrollment instructions will be provided to you.
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) (Provided at no cost to team member) - Confidential support and assistance for you and your family members on a variety of personal issues, including: stress, depression, addiction, grief, etc. Additional EAP resources include child and elder care referral service.
- Paid Time Off - Earn vacation based upon company policy
- Other Benefits - Voluntary insurance including critical illness and accident programs
We are currently accepting applications for our college internship program. Our internships are designed to give college juniors and seniors who wish to start a career in many aspects of the food, production, and business industry. These internships give students hands on experience in making a quality product come to life. Currently we offer internships in:
- Quality Assurance
- Warehouse Logistics
- Plant Engineering
- Production Management
- HR and training
- Denver, CO (Legendary Baking Headquarters)
- Oak Forest, IL (South suburb of Chicago)
- Chaska, MN (SW Suburbs of Minneapolis)
- Kildare, IL (S Chicago)
To send an email for more information click here!